The appearance of your teeth, gums, and bite can impact your self-confidence and prevent you from smiling at work and social events. Cosmetic dentistry can address your aesthetic concerns and transform your smile. At Highpoint Dental Care, our cosmetic dentists listen to your goals and develop a comprehensive plan to give you the results you want while also making sure you know the ins and outs involved in your cosmetic dental procedure.
We can address all types of smile imperfections using a variety of options such as porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, or a combination of treatments with a smile makeover.
If you’re unhappy with your smile, please contact us in Aurora today at 303-617-9100 to schedule your free cosmetic dentistry consultation. Dr. Rowe and Dr. Baltz provide general, family, and cosmetic dentistry services to patients in the Aurora area, including Green Valley Ranch, Parker, and Centennial, Colorado.
We believe patient education is an important aspect of cosmetic dentistry and any type of dental service. Some of the basic information you need to know includes:
- Your Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
- Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures We Offer
- How to Choose a Cosmetic Dentist
- Schedule Your Exam & Consultation
Our dentists want to make sure you end up with a stunning smile that exceeds your expectations, and that starts with your consultation. We offer complimentary consultations for patients interested in cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers or dental implants.
Dr. Baltz or Dr. Rowe will spend an hour with you to fully evaluate the current state of your teeth and discuss your options. We will listen to what bothers you the most about your smile and create a plan to address your cosmetic issues.
You can prepare for your consultation by researching your options on our website and compiling a list of questions such as:
- Which cosmetic procedure do you think will work best for me? What are the pros and cons?
- What experience do you and your team have with this cosmetic treatment?
- Do you have advanced training and education in cosmetic dentistry?
- How can I prepare for my procedure?
- What can I expect during the recovery?
- Have you experienced complications with this cosmetic procedure before? If so, how do you approach the problem?
- How long will my dental work take from the first appointment to the final follow-up?
- How do I maintain my results?
- Will my results last?
Dental cosmetics typically involve invasive, costly procedures. We believe in full transparency, which means we’ll explain your procedure(s) from start to finish and are upfront about the cost and amount of time it will take to complete your treatment plan. Once we’ve nailed down which cosmetic treatments will accomplish your goals for your smile, we can schedule an appointment to get started.
At Highpoint Dental Care, we try to keep it light and have fun, so your consultation is also a great way to get to know our cosmetic dentists and enjoy the friendly atmosphere we work to create for patients young and old.
The term cosmetic dentistry can be used for any type of dental work that’s done to improve the appearance of your teeth and gums. The right procedure for you depends on what aspect of your mouth you’re unhappy with and if you’ll need multiple treatments.
Some of the options we offer include:
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin porcelain shells are one of the more popular cosmetic options available at our office. Porcelain veneers are placed over your existing teeth and can correct several aesthetic concerns such as tooth chips and cracks, severe tooth staining, gaps in the teeth, crooked teeth, and overcrowding. Porcelain veneers are commonly used by celebrities to create a “Hollywood Smile.”
- The veneer process involves preparing your teeth through enamel reduction to make room for the veneers. The porcelain shells are matched to the color of your adjacent teeth, and we will discuss the size and shape that will look best on you. We also offer Lumineers, which require less tooth preparation.
- Dental Bonding: Cosmetic bonding is a less invasive option than porcelain veneers. An adhesive resin material is applied to one or more of your teeth to cover chipped or cracked teeth and address deep tooth stains. A curing light is used to harden the material once it’s properly placed and shaped to match your surrounding teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: Tooth discoloration affects nearly all men and women. Often caused by drinking dark-colored liquids such as wine and coffee or lifestyle habits such as smoking, teeth stains are unsightly. Over-the-counter toothpastes and whitening strips promise to give you a brighter smile, but the whitening agents used in these products are often too weak to provide good results or give you uneven results. The best way to whiten your teeth is through professional teeth whitening with our cosmetic dentist. We offer the Opalescence Teeth Whitening System which is available only through dental professionals.
- Porcelain Crowns: Similar to veneers, porcelain crowns are used to cover tooth flaws and improve the appearance of your teeth. Crowns are caps shaped like teeth that cover your tooth entirely. They’re also part of the dental implant process to restore a missing tooth. We employ a talented lab technician, and together, we may be able to place your porcelain crown within two hours!
- Tooth-Colored (Composite) Fillings: Amalgam (silver) fillings are a thing of the past. No one wants to flash some silver every time they open their mouth and smile. Tooth-colored composite material is the alternative option to traditional cavity fillings, so you can have a healthy mouth without sacrificing your cosmetic goals. If you have old silver fillings, we can replace them with these composite fillings as well.
- Dental Implants: These are used for both restorative and cosmetic reasons. Regardless of how well you brush and floss, your oral health deteriorates quickly when you’re missing a tooth. Your remaining teeth will shift to fill the gap. Your jaw bone will degrade and eventually change the shape of your side profile. Dental implants prevent further tooth loss and restore a full smile.
- The implant process involves a metal post which replaces your missing tooth root and fuses with your jawbone over time. A dental crown is then screwed into the post. Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth and can be cared for like your existing teeth with daily brushing and flossing.
- Smile Makeover: A smile makeover is not a specific cosmetic dentistry procedure. It’s combination of treatments performed to address all of your aesthetic problems. If you have tooth stains and chipped teeth, we may use both tooth whitening and cosmetic bonding to complete your smile makeover.
Our dentists are constantly working to provide advanced technology and techniques to give you the best results with as little discomfort as possible. Your cosmetic dentistry plan will be unique to you and the goals you have in mind for your smile.
Finding the right cosmetic dentist can be difficult. You likely have a long list of questions and an idea of what procedures you want to have done, but the dentist you choose to transform your smile will directly impact your results. Our dentists are driven and dedicated to our patients, which means we are constantly learning about new ways to give you a good-looking and healthy smile.
Before you decide on a cosmetic dentist, it’s important to read the dentist’s reviews from other patients and look at before and after photos for the treatments you have in mind.
Your education as a patient is important to us, which is another reason why we take ample time during your free consultation to discuss your options and oral health in detail. Our patients often bring their parents, kids, and other family members in for exams and dental work because they know we have your best interests in mind. We won’t suggest a cosmetic treatment unless we feel it will give you the greatest outcome.
Cosmetic dentistry is an art form. Your dental plan should be customized to suit your goals and address the tooth flaws and imperfections that bother you when you look in the mirror. We want you to walk away with the best results possible, and that starts with individualized care in a welcoming environment. Dr. Rowe, Dr. Baltz and our team at Highpoint Dental Care take pride in making you feel comfortable and well-cared for during every visit to our newly-remodeled office.
If you’re interested in improving your smile with cosmetic dentistry, please contact our dentists in Aurora today at 303-617-9100 to schedule your free consultation. Highpoint Dental Care serves clients in Green Valley Ranch, Centennial, Parker, and surrounding Colorado areas.